ER Symptoms: High Fever
While most fevers are caused by the body fighting an infection, there can be many other causes.
Go To Your Nearest ER Or Dial 911 If You Experience:
- A fever of 104 degrees or above
- Stiff neck
- Confusion or dizziness
- Irritable or erratic behavior
A High Fever Can Be A Result Of Any Of The Following Conditions:
- Infections - may be serious; commonly found in ear, skin, throat, lungs, kidney or bladder
- Cold or Flu - typically result in fever at or below 104 degrees in adults
- Bronchitis - inflammation of the lining of your bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from your lungs
- Strep Throat - bacterial infection in the throat and/or tonsils, can generate high fevers in children and adults
- Urinary Tract Infections - typically with low- or moderate-grade fever
- Mononucleosis - is a viral infection, also known as‚ Mono, that causes fever, sore throat, and swollen glands
This list is not inclusive of all possible medical emergencies. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 and seek immediate medical attention.
Get Directions Know where to recieve care when you need it most.
Heart Attack Warning Signs Knowing and recognizing heart attack warning signs can save a life.
Symptoms of an Emergency Know the symptoms of an emergency medical condition and when to seek treatment.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.
Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center is owned in part by physicians.Notice of Nondiscrimination